Rolling Stones personnel, Ronnie Wood talk about Cigarette Problem and Lung Cancer

 
image from GettyImages


The Rolling Stone guitarist, Ronnie Wood, in a recent interview revealed that he was diagnosed with lung cancer.
Quoted from Men's Health, owner full name Ronald David Wood decided to quit smoking a week after his wife, Sally, gave birth to their twin daughters Gracie and Alice in May last. During this time he has routinely undergone routine health checks three months.
The Rolling Stones doctor, Dr Richard Dawood, performed a medical check of the 70-year-old organ inside the 70-year-old musician, from heart, lungs, to blood before the veteran group toured Europe. Then the doctor came to report that there was cancer lodged in his left lung.
Honestly, I was surprised I knew I had a chest x-ray since I entered Cottonwood, a rehab clinic in Tucson, Arizona in 2002. He asked me what I wanted to do and my answer was simple, 'Let go of me' , "Wood said.

Before the lung cancer was removed, Wood asked the doctor to make sure his cancer did not spread. If cancer cells spread, he would refuse to be chemo because he did not want to lose his hair.
"I decided that if it spread, I would not undergo chemotherapy, I would not use the bayonet in my body," he admits.
Fortunately, the cancer did not spread and Wood told the doctor that he was ready to undergo a five-hour operation to release some of his lungs.
"Just before I closed my eyes for this operation, I saw the doctor and said, 'Let the battle begin,'" he recalled.
Wood had time to think about this after he finally quit smoking. How he got through his bad habits for 50 years without anything.

Comments